I went on a super peaceful hike this morning and came upon this beauty. The “Picture This” app, helped me identify it as a Brown-eyed Susan or Blanketflower. Could have been so named because the colors resemble the bright colors of Indian blankets. Who really knows.
I agree with Cee over at Cee’s Photography Challenge. There are so many ways to photograph a flower. They are beautiful at ANY angle – at least to me. This isn’t the best image of a flower I have ever taken, but it is one that is important to me today. When I saw it out of the corner of my eye, a rush of gratitude washed over me. So many things to be grateful for….I’ll list a sample for you – in no particular order :-).
- The best partner and pup I could possibly ever have. Who knew we could spend 24/7 together for 3 months and still love each other! I have never spent this much time with anyone in my entire life.
- I live in state with TONS of outdoor activities that keep me sane – beauty is everywhere and you don’t need to go far to find it.
- Great friends and neighbors who lovingly supported each other over the past several months.
- I now weigh less than Sean – thank god! I no longer want to eat and drink everything in sight.
- A job that completely tests my limits on a daily basis, however, it has given me more opportunities than I could have ever imagined.
- The friends I have met through this blog – you all are amazing, talented, funny, kind, people and I thank you always for your support and friendship!
I could go on forever on this topic. This one single flower, for whatever reason, reminded me how lucky I am. It sounds as cheesy as cheesy gets, but I mean every last word of it!
…i choose this…